Friday, March 7, 2014

What Do We Proclaim? - Lenten Devotional 3

But the man went and spread the word, proclaiming to everyone what had happened. As a result, large crowds soon surrounded Jesus...but people from everywhere kept coming to him. (Mark 1:45 NLT)

What do I proclaim? What do you proclaim? And does any of it bring people to Jesus? If I were to answer honestly, probably not for me on a regular basis.
When I say proclaim, I am not talking about the street corner evangelists. I am talking about what thoughts, actions, and words proclaim to the public. So many people will say that they do not care what anyone thinks about them, that they are going to be themselves no matter what. I believe we should care what people think of us.
I am not naive enough to want everyone to like me, but I want to proclaim such that people will say (whether they like me or not), "Jennifer is an honest, trustworthy, respectable woman who loves The Lord and her family, and has a genuine heart for mankind".
I want my life to proclaim the love of Christ to all. I want to share what Christ has done for me in such a way that others will come to Him. So often I don't proclaim this goodness and love though. So often I allow the negative thoughts and words to flow. So often I fall.
The good news is that I don't have to stay down. I fall down, scraped my knees, but I get up and brush the dirt off! God is not finished with me yet!

No comments: