Saturday, March 22, 2014

Knock Knock! Who's There? - Lenten Devotional 17

Listen! I stand at the door and knock; if any hear my voice and open the door, I will come into their house and eat with them, and they will eat with me. (Revelation 3:20 GNT)

We have all had those unwanted guests who seem to force themselves on us and crowd our space. It gets close to dinner time and we wonder if we have to feed them or have enough to invite them to stay. 
With Christ, He stands and waits for us to invite Him in. He never pushes but lets us know He is there. 
Once we open our hearts and let Him in, Christ will stay with us and nourish our souls. We can have that relationship with Him forever. 
As I go through the season of Lent, I have been reading a variety of scripture selections and then sharing my feelings afterwards. I don't profess to be a writer or a biblical scholar, just a girl seeking that relationship with The Savior. 
Many years ago I answered the door and let Jesus in. There have been times in my life when I have not been a gracious host to Him. My heart would be hardened and cold, my mind closed, my soul darkened. Yet, He stayed with me and brought me into the light. He strengthens me daily, but only when I am open to it. The verse indicates it is a two way street. "I with them...them with me". We have to share in order to receive. 
Think about this as you go through Lent. It is a time to reflect on your relationship with God and if you are ignoring the knock on the door and why. 

No comments: