Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Let the children come to Me.."


While I don't shelter my children excessively from life's evils, I do not like having them inundated with smut either. A great deal of Hollywood productions are just that...SMUT! I am put off by the way things such as drugs, bullying, profanity, and even suicide seems to be romanticized in many movies. I think it goes without saying that the sexual content and violence are over the top also. Lately, I have seen a few movies lately myself that friends and acquaintences have raved about, and found them to fall under the category of "SMUT."
Here is a great link for parents to use before their children watch movies.
PluggedIn Movie Reviews

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 (KJV)

This verse should be applied to every aspect of our child-rearing from eating habits to personal choices to spiritual growth (and everything in between). We have a tremendous responsibility as parents. As the old saying goes, "The children are our future..."

No comments: