Thursday, August 25, 2011



Excerpt from Rick Warren’s The Purpose-Driven Life:
"It's not about you. The purpose of your life is far greater than your own personal fulfillment, your peace of mind, or even your happiness. It's far greater than your family, your career, or even your wildest dreams and ambitions. If you want to know why you were placed on this planet, you must begin with God. You were made by God and for God, and until you understand that, life will not make sense."

I am often reminded that my life is not my own. Sometimes, I get caught up in daily activities and extremely frustrated wanting to shout, "What about what I want?!" or "When is it my turn?" Then, I take a step back and remember my blessings. I am faced daily with my responsibilities involved with being a wife, a mother, and a Christian. While I often get loud with my children, or feel inadequate as a wife, and certainly unworthy of God's grace, I rejoice in the fact that I have children, a loving husband, and a Perfect God. And they all love me unconditionally! When I ponder the excerpt above, I am comforted that God has a plan for me. As I continue to seek Him, He will continue to reveal Himself and His plan to me.

In all of this, I am certain I will mess up and fall short. However, I will never fall from the loving arms of Christ. It is not about me, or what I want. It is about a relationship with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and continually basking in love! Believe and Receive!

I still want things for myself. I still crave attention. I have tried lately to focus those wants and desires into something that glorifies God. As I remember the Legacy song by Nichole Nordeman, my heart's desires are revealed. I want to glorify the Father with my life. I want my children to love the Lord. I want to share my faith with the world. So I guess I can get what I want sometimes :)


No comments: