Wednesday, September 7, 2011

James, Love of my Life, Soulmate

Today, I am thinking of James. The love of my life. My soulmate.  As I wait to accompany him to a follow-up appointment after a recent CT scan of his sinuses, I am reminded of how much I need him.  While there is no suspicion at all of any serious condition and no need for worry, just the mere mention of a test of this sort incites a small amount of anxiety. As I work through the anxiety, I think of how wonderful my life is because of this man.

I am extremely blessed to have James in my life, to be married to him, to be mother to his children. I worried back when our relationship was new that one day we would get bored or boring, that the spark would fade and we would just live with each other in a dull routine.  He promised to me many years ago that it would not happen to us, as it does to others. He promised a “non-boring” life and a “non-boring” life is what I have! Now one might say it’s the three children and their busy schedules that keep it lively, but I disagree.
 The “non-boring” part is when I wake in the morning, and the first this he does is call me “baby.” He sends me a simple text, “lunch?” He always greets me with a kiss. He tells me how proud of me he is. He laughs with me. He accepts me. He makes me feel important. He knows me. He loves me! These little, seemingly insignificant, things keep it interesting for me. I don’t need worldly vacations, romantic dinners, or expensive gifts to keep the love alive. I just need him to be with me.
Our children do keep us busy, but they are not the reason we stay strong. They will be out of the house and our daily lives one day (sooner than I realize) and it will just be us again. We knew long ago that we couldn’t just live for our kids because then what would bind us when they are gone? We love them to infinity and beyond, but they are just a blessing and result of our immense love for one another. I told him yesterday that we make a good team, the best team. With him, I can be my best.
We thank God daily for our blessings. We cover each other in prayer. We seek God together. I have to believe that in doing so, we draw closer to God, and to each other. We go to church together and hold hands anytime we pray. He said to me early on that if we are to be one, we should pray as one. 
Mark 10:7-9 says “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” 
God blessed me more than I can ever know when He sent His Son to save me. Sending James to me was probably the second biggest blessing that I also view as an act of His saving grace.
Martina McBride
“Blessed”


No comments: